Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Music Spotlight: The Whitest Boy Alive.

Because I love music so much, I would like to feature a segment calling attention to some of my favorite artists. Why you ask? Simply because I feel that you and your life will completely benefit from such amazing sounds penetrating the drums of your ears.

First up: The Whitest Boy Alive.

If you haven't heard of them, your life is pretty much incomplete.
Erlend Oye, also the lead singer of Kings of Convenience, has such a soothing voice. I truly love their minimalist approach to music; the simplicity that emerges from each song resonates so pure. The instrumentation seems so removed from one another, but all the while so flawlessly married into one clear sound.

By far, my favorite song from them has to be "burning."


Fuck. this song is so amazing.
The guitar riffs. the bass line. [long sigh].

I can go an entire day and listen only to this song; that's the impact that it has had on my life.

Equally amazing is this video that has been paired with the song.



p.s. if anyone can tell me what this dance is called, i will love you forever.

Other honorable mentions: Inflation, Golden Cage, and Borders.

No comments: