Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Mingling."

Today, my mother had me tag along with her, her friend and her friend's daughter. She claims I need to “mingle” more with other Africans (whatever that means). The daughter of my mother’s friend was in search of a dress to wear to her high school graduation (she’s going to UC Santa Barbara in the fall!) After trying on a heap of dresses, she decided on a silk, knee length purple dress. While waiting for her as she tried on the dresses in the fitting room, I did a little shopping myself.

Here’s what I picked up:

Frayed denim shorts.
Black top with fringe detail.
Black pocket skirt.

Black flats with sequin detail.


Seeing that she would be needing heels to compliment her dress, we stopped by a shoe store called DSW. Here, she found a pair of heels to match her dress and I spotted some sandal, woven-type shoes that had been on my list of things to purchase for the longest time. I didn’t think to take a picture at the time, but here’s something similar:
After lusting over the shoes in the mirror for a few minutes, I reluctantly decided not to purchase them because I had already spent a good deal of my mother’s money at the previous store.
No worries, I will most definitely be back for those babies.


Here’s a snippet of what I wore today:


(Shorts: F21, Cardigan: PacSun)

No comments: